I have received the following information from Pastor Mike Cox and confirmed it with the Oklahoma FWB State Office.
Hillsdale College is being used as a distribution center, food shelter and housing shelter. They are expecting to feed 88,000 people. They are accepting donations at Hillsdale College PO Box 7208 Moore OK 73153.
If you prefer you can send any funds through the Alabama Executive Office at PO Box 14 Winfield AL 35594 and we will forward all funds to Oklahoma. In 2011 when Alabama was hard hit with tornados the FWB churches of Oklahoma responded with over $1,800. Thanks for caring and for what I know you will do.
2012 ALABAMA ASSOCIATION RECAP
The 2012 Alabama Free Will Baptist State Association was an exciting meeting. Rev. Steve Trail and the First Free Will Baptist Church of Dothan did an outstanding job in hosting the meeting. Brother Larry Stokes, the music committee and Rejoice from Welch College provided excellent music. The preachers faithfully and powerfully preached the Word of God. Moderator Jerry Smith led smoothly through the business sessions. Below is a brief summary of this year’s meeting.
Attendance: There were 237 who registered. Of those who registered there were 50 ministers, 20 deacons, 25 delegates and 142 visitors. Total attendance at the Wednesday PM service totaled 315.
Actions Taken: 1. Elected the following: Moderator - Jerry Smith; Assistant Moderator - Steve Trail; Clerk - Rodney Yerby; Assistant Clerk - Danny Williams; CE Board – Chris Willhite & Riley Young; Mission Board– Steve Lindsay; Children’s Home Board– Ray Ritch & Tim Baumgarten Pastors’ & Workers’ Board – Jason Miller; and Executive Committee – Mickey Crane.
2. Voted to invite the National Association of Free Will Baptists back to Alabama in 2021 or beyond.
3. Discussed and surveyed attendees regarding moving the Pastors’ & Workers’ Conference to Shocco Springs in 2014.
4. Appointed a committee, consisting of Jerry Smith, Rick Cash, Danny Williams and Tim Baumgarten, to study the need for having a general board meeting on Wednesday afternoon prior to the state association meeting. (This year there were only 10 out of 21 members present. Only 3 associations out of 13 were represented by their general board member.)
5. Appointed a nominating committee for 2013 consisting of Jerry Williams, Chris Compton, Steve Cantrell, Thomas Kirkland and Kenneth Terry.
6. Approved a resolution committing ourselves to prayer in light of the moral decay of our country .
Approved Budgets: 1. $773,030 Children’s Home 2. $578,200 Acts 3. $223,300 Alabama Home Missions 4. $84,850 Executive Office 5. $26,220 Executive Fund
Adjourned to meet again November 6 - 8 at the Forestdale Free Will Baptist Church with Dr. Stan Toler as guest speaker.
If you would like to receive the Digest electronically by email send your email address to the Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This site was last updated 05/22/13